Not that we want to wish the summer away, but before we know it, autumn will be upon us and we’ll be digging out those cardigans. So, don’t run out of time, enjoy the sunny mornings, gorgeous days and warm evenings now before they’re gone!
While the sun is still shining, do the following:
- Find the perfect spot and watch both a sunrise and sunset
- Wear that summer dress you haven’t worn yet, before it sits in your cupboard again until next year!
- Sit out in the sunshine and finish your ‘summer-read’ while sipping on an iced tea
- Eat ice cream, for no other reason than because it’s summer!
- Drink cocktails galore with friends – a pitcher of Pimms is a must too!
- Enjoy breakfast in the garden
- Barbecue it up!
- Get outdoors for a picnic, a day at the beach, or venture out on a country bike ride
- Go camping and sleep under canvas for the night while it’s warm enough
- Throw a party, just because – who needs a reason to celebrate?
- Lather your whole body in coconut-scented products – we all do it!
- Explore your local area – you’ll discover lots of things you never knew existed
- Go strawberry picking and make homemade jam with your hand-picked delights
- Use up your holiday allowance from work and make the most of a full day off
- Take lots of photos so you can look back and reminisce about your holidays in winter
- Get all your family and friends together while the kids are still off school
- Write a list of at least five things you are grateful for this summer
- Set yourself goals for the second half of the year – maybe do something unlike you?
- Treat yourself to a new A/W wardrobe – buying these clothes will give you something to look forward to!
- Plan your next reunion with friends now so that it’s not another six months before you see each other again!
Words: Rosie Orgles