Acceptance of terms
Cookies & Information We Collect
Copyright Links to Third Parties
Reporting the comments or contributions of others
Acceptance of terms
athome brings you this website on the condition you accept the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Your use of this website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices. This website contains links to other websites operated by athome, and your use of each athome is also subject to the Terms and Conditions of use and other terms and conditions, if any, contained within each athome site.
Our primary goal in using cookies is to monitor what your favourite pages are on our site, so that we can improve our service and provide you with a smooth and efficient experience and the most relevant and interesting content for you while using our services.
We automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve our users.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The following tables describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an implied consent policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete your cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browsers anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito in Chrome, “InPrivate for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
Persistent Cookies for Site Analytics and Performance
This cookie (owned/controlled by Google) is used to report to us how the display advertising shown on the site are performing. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more generally about Google and its policies and principles as regards advertising at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
This is the cookie stored by our Cookie Control plugin which allows cookies stored on their machine once they have agreed to allow cookies – in line with the EU Cookie Directive
We use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards to it’s analytics service at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
On many of the pages of the site you will see social buttons. These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook Like, LinkedIn Share, and StumbleUpon. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our own website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on our website. So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting our website, and the specific pages you are on, even if you dont click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Google and Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
External web services
We use a number of external web services on our website, mostly to display content within our web pages. For example, to display banners we use OpenX; to show videos we use YouTube. This is not an exhaustive or complete list of the services we use, or might use in the future, when embedding content, but these are the most common. As with the social buttons we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content (eg ClickTale, Quantserve, statcounter, serving-sys etc). If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
In some emails that we send we add tracking so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to our site e.g. our weekly newsletter. Some emails we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We rarely use the latter information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them. Sometimes we do use the personal information e.g. to re-email people who didnt click the first time. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked then you should opt out of our emails which you can do by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email newsletter.
All website design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code and all other material on this website are copyright athome or its content providers, unless otherwise expressly indicated. All rights are permitted to print or download extracts from this material for your personal use only. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. No part of the website or any material appearing on the website may be reproduced or stored in or transmitted to any other web site. No material appearing on the website may be disseminated in any form, either electronic or non-electronic, nor included in any retrieval system or service without the prior written permission of athome. Any other use of the material and content of the website is strictly prohibited. You agree that you will not (and will not assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Links to Third Parties
This website and the athome sites may contain links to websites operated by parties other than athome. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Athome does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their contents. athome’s inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. For example, users may be able to buy goods and services via the website, some of which may be through third party retailers who link to the may also enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of advertisers on the website. athome in no way endorses these third parties and any such transactions, dealings, correspondence with or participation in promotions of, third parties, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such matters are solely between the corresponding user and the third party. athome assumes no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such transaction, dealing, correspondence or participation.
Use of the website and the facilities thereon, and any material or information obtained from this website is at your own risk, and athome hereby expressly disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all warranties, expressed or implied, of any kind whatsoever including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and infringement. In addition, athome shall not be responsible for the failure of performance of this website and/or the software used thereon; the loss of data or services resulting from delays, non-deliveries, or service interruption; the accuracy, quality or nature of information obtained through its services; nor the consequences arising from or related to any viruses transmitted through its servers, or any liability, costs, loss of profits or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to access this website.
Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions, nothing herein shall limit your rights as a consumer under English law. athome will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the website, or products or services offered on the website, whether by athome or on its behalf, for:
(a) any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
(b) any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
(c) any special or indirect or consequential losses;
In any case, whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of either party at the date on which the event giving rise to the loss occurred. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit athome’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of athome or that of its servants, agents or employees. You agree to indemnify athome in respect of any liability or any costs, loss of profits, loss of data, or consequential losses arising from a breach by you of any of the terms of this agreement, or arising out of your use of any of the athome sites.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of are for information purposes only and are not intended as nor they constitute medical advice. For any such medical advice please do consult a qualified health practitioner.
Commenting on our site
By commenting or sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with at home you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we want (including modifying and adapting it for any reason) for any of our services in any media worldwide. In certain circumstances we may also share your comment and/or contribution with trusted third parties.
Copyright in your comment or contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
In order that we can use your comment and/or contribution, you confirm that your comment and/or contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory (or breaches any of the conditions set out below) and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
We normally show your name with your comment and/or contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for some reasons this is not always possible.
Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when commenting and/or contributing to our site.
If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your comment and/or contribution to or with our site.
All comments should conform to the following:
They should be accurate (where they state facts)
They should be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
They should be decent, honest and truthful
They should comply with all relevant legislation including, without limitation, the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Financial Services Act 1986
They should comply with any codes of practice, guidance notes or any other similar recommendations issued by the Direct Marketing Association or the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing code of practice (CAP Code) as updated from time to time; and
They should not be misleading in any way and comply with any guidance given by the Advertising Standards Authority relating to the CAP Code
They should not contain any material which could be defamatory of any person, organisation or other party
They should not contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
They should not promote sexually explicit material
They should not promote violence
They should not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
They should not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
They should not be likely to deceive any person
They should not be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
They should not promote any illegal activity
They should not be threatening, abusive or invade anothers privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
They should not be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
They should not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
They should not give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
They should not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Reporting the comments or contributions of others
We reserve the right to monitor, edit and/or remove any comment or contribution to our site as we see fit with no notice. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate such comments or contributions.
- All competitions are organised by EMP plc, Central House, 1 Ballards Lane, Finchley Central, London, N3 1LQ.
- EMP plc reserves the right to amend these competition rules at any time without prior notice. EMP plc may also create additional rules which may apply to specific competitions only. In this instance, any additional rules will be published on the relevant competition entry page. A copy of these terms and conditions may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to EMP plc, Central House, 1 Ballards Lane, Finchley Central, London, N3 1LQ.
- In the event of a dispute with regard to a competition or its outcome, the decision of EMP plc is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- EMP plc reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the above terms and conditions. An entrant must be resident in the United Kingdom and aged 18 or over.
- An entrant must not be an employee or contractor of EMP plc or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the competition, or their direct family members. EMP plc reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- In some instances, an entrant may need to show that they can fulfil further eligibility requirements, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence if a competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
- In the event that any competition entrant is disqualified, EMP plc in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these rules.
- Only one entry per person per competition is allowed and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and EMP plc discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, EMP plc reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these rules.
- All competition entries must be received by the closing date specified on the competition entry page. Any entries received after this date will be automatically disqualified.
- Proof of posting, online submission or email cannot be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt of your entry. EMP plc cannot accept responsibility for the delay or loss of a competition entry resulting from an an action outside of its control. This includes, but does not exclusively consist of, strikes by the postal service, server malfunctions or computer bugs and viruses.
- Winners will be drawn randomly from all qualifying entries received within 28 days of the closing date, unless otherwise specified on the competition entry page. Tie-breakers will be judged by EMP plc and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and EMP plc shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Winners will be notified with 28 days of the closing date of the competition. Should the prize notification be returned as undeliverable, or a reply to the notification be received after the allotted time, the prize winner will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be selected. If more than one prize is awarded, only one prize per entrant will be awarded. EMP plc reserves the right to publish the names of competition winner(s) online on the EMP websites or through the relevant print media. To receive a list of competition winners by post, write to EMP plc, Central House, 1 Ballards Lane, Finchley Central, London, N3 1LQ, including a self-addressed stamped envelope and specifying the competition name.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and EMP plc reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity.
- Claims for prizes must be made within the time specified on the prize notification. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. EMP plc reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of EMP plc and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- EMP plc cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. EMP plc is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition. Nothing shall exclude EMP plc’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
- The competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.
- You can contact us in relation to any competition by writing toEMP plc, Central House, 1 Ballards Lane, Finchley Central, London, N3 1LQ.
These Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and athome concerning your use of the website and supersedes any previous arrangement, agreement, undertaking or proposal, written or oral between you and athome in relation to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by either party shall alter the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a representation in these Terms and Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a term of these Terms and Conditions save that your agreement contained in this paragraph shall not apply in respect of any fraudulent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If any provision(s) of the Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect.
athome’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by athome in writing.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall create any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you and athome.
You agree that you do not object to athome or such third parties contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
The principal activity of is owning and operating the web site . Protecting your privacy and your personal data is an important aspect of the way we create, organise and implement our activities. at home’s activities are also governed by the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
may from time to time invite you to provide personal information in order to provide you with services (such as email newsletters and competitions) and to enable you to order goods. In order to deliver such services or goods, athome will need to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to affiliates and service providers for processing inside the European Economic Area. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide the information.
and our sponsors and promoters may use your details to let you know about other products and services which we think would be of interest to you. Occasionally, we may also pass your details to selected companies. This will only be done with your permission so we advise you to check the tick boxes on the relevant form carefully.
Information we collect about
You can access and browse through certain parts of without disclosing personal information. However, if you wish to use certain services offered on or obtain certain information made available by , you may be asked for information such as your name, email address, residential address and postcode. If you choose not to provide the information that is requested, you may not be able to use the service which is being offered or obtain the information you seek. athome may also collect information that you provide as part of registrations, orders, surveys, contests and promotions and other communications with us. athome will collect your personal information only with your knowledge and your consent.
In addition,also embeds cookies from a number of third parties in the site to monitor usage and to help improve the service provided to its customers.
Google Analytics gathers anonymous data regarding the visitors to the site onbehalf to provide non-personal statistical information about visits to pages on the site, data on visitors’ browser type and other general information.
Advertisers and business partners that you access throughmay also send you cookies. athome does not control these cookies.
How your information is used
When users providewith registration information such as name, email address and postal address, this data can be matched with cookie data, if cookies have been set to be received. This means athome is able to match an identifiable user with specific usage of . This information would be used by athome and its parent companies only.
athome logs IP addresses for purposes of site administration and collecting aggregate information about the visitors to.
Who we share information with
Generally, any personal information which you provide to athome on or through will be collected and used by athome and its parent company (EMP Plc and its affiliates) only. Where goods or services are offered on a business partner athome does not control the use of your personal information that you may share with those business partners. That information will be subject to their privacy policies.
Third parties may also need to process personal information about you when providing services to us and we may share any necessary data with them to enable them to do so. These third parties may be located in countries outside the European Union where an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects exists.
In particular, any information that you submit when ordering goods or services on or through, such as your address and credit card information, is shared with companies that are processing your orders and providing or shipping the goods and services. If you have entered competitions on your name and address details will be passed to any competition sponsor or supplier of the prize for the purposes of sending you your prize only.
athome will only use your personal information for purposes for which you have consented and will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without such consent. In order to protect your privacy, athome is registered in accordance with and seeks to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Except as specifically provided in this policy,will not disclose your individual, identifiable personal information without your prior consent except as may be permitted or required by any applicable law or legal process or to protect its officers, directors and employees, other users of or the public.
athome has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal information under its control from unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction or damage. However, cannot guarantee or insure the security of any information that is transmitted over the internet or that loss, misuse or alteration of data so transmitted will not occur.
The personal information which you provide to athome is stored in secure databases. The security of your personal information is also your responsibility. We recommend that you do not provide any passwords to anyone. Nor does athome believe that you should provide any personal information while you are using the internet if you are not comfortable in doing so. athome will never ask you for any of your passwords or any other personal information in an unsolicited telephone call.
You will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving email communications and of having your personal information stored in any registration process.
Changing and deleting your personal information
You are entitled to change, update, amend and delete any personal information that athome has about you. Please keep in mind that this may mean you are unable to access and use certain services and information provided on .
In the event that you have provided personal information that has been shared with one of our business partners, you will need to contact that business partner in order to make changes to your personal information.
How to contact us