Getting ready for a night out can be truly frustrating, especially when you can’t get your make-up to behave, and clumpy lashes can be a real problem. Covering them with layers of mascara is not the way to create a fuller, longer lash.
Here are five simple steps to luscious lashes:
1. First, let your face lotion dry fully before working on your eyes. This way, you prevent smudging. And use a light powder over your under-eye concealer.
2. Position an eyelash curler as close to the roots of your lashes as possible without pinching your skin. Clamp down gently, and hold in place for a few seconds. Move the curler a little farther out, and very lightly press again. Repeat once or twice more, each time moving the curler. If your lashes are thin, brush on a coat of primer.
3. Take a creamy mascara, and hold the wand at the base of your lashes. Wiggle slightly from side to side, then brush straight up through the ends of lashes. Apply two or three coats to each eye, allowing about two minutes to dry in between.
4. After each coat of mascara, brush the top quarter of your lashes with an eyelash comb. This creates a feathery look. To avoid smudging, finish with one coat of a waterproof formula.
5. If you want even more volume, glue a false-eyelash flare onto the outer corner of each eye, right at the lash line.
If, like us, you’re never truly satisfied with your mascara and you’re forever trawling make up counters in search of the perfect tube. Look no further.
This week, we love: glo minerals Volumising Mascara (Black and Brown), £16
The natural fibres in the glō minerals mascara enhance each lash individually. Lashes will appear fuller and more luscious in just one application. Apply the Volumising mascara’s fibrous formulation from base of lash outward with to create fuller lashes.
Words: Ellyn Peratikou